“NelsonHall rated DXC as a Leader in Cyber Resiliency Services due to strong end-to-end capabilities and investments, including its extensive cyber research, blueprints, and its security platform, which allow organizations to fully identify threats and orchestrate response activities."
Mike Smart, senior analyst and operations officer, NelsonHall
Protect, detect and secure
NelsonHall noted that DXC’s security services, part of the company’s Enterprise Technology Stack, are embedded into every technology offering, including IT outsourcing, modern workplace, applications, and analytics and engineering. And the firm cited DXC’s approach to protect, detect, and secure clients’ operations throughout digital transformations.
“DXC’s ability to act as an end-to-end IT service provider allows it to forge strong connections between IT teams and cyber resiliency teams, so that it can more fully understand the client's business and thereby construct and execute incident response plans which are focused on business continuity,” says Mike Smart, senior analyst and operations officer at NelsonHall.
End-to-end security services
DXC Security Services include security advisory services and managed security services for:
- Secured infrastructure – for the design, installation, and integration of perimeter, network, endpoint, application, web and email security and advanced threat protection solutions
- Cyber defense – to help clients detect and respond to security incidents with the aim of minimizing breach impact. DXC consultants advise on and implement solutions for gathering, correlating and analyzing security data to deliver actionable information about security events and incidents
- Digital identity – for a range of consultant-led security advisory services to address the challenges of regulatory compliance, data privacy, the implementation of new digital business models and the need to ensure a positive customer experience
- Data protection – to reduce the risk of unintended or unauthorized disclosure or loss of sensitive data
- Data backup and disaster recovery – to develop roadmaps to take advantage of existing and emerging disaster recovery technologies.
Workshops lead customers through vision and strategy formulation, IT and business assessments, analysis and remediation, and detailed transformation planning and roadmaps. The resulting roadmap serves as a plan for implementation of these services.
DXC cyber resiliency services are provided from a mix of global follow-the-sun and regional security operations centers. Also, DXC has numerous partners across its security services and, according to NelsonHall, DXC “operates as a technology-agnostic service provider.”
Among DXC’s strengths are Platform DXC, which reduces the investment required to deploy automated response and orchestration capabilities, and the company’s Cyber Reference Architecture (CRA), one of the most extensive security research capabilities used to develop detailed blueprints and work packages to enable DXC to provide customers with quick implementations and estimations of service.
“NelsonHall rated DXC as a Leader in Cyber Resiliency Services due to strong end-to-end capabilities and investments, including its extensive cyber research, blueprints, and its security platform, which allow organizations to fully identify threats and orchestrate response activities,” Smart says.