To shrink our carbon footprint, we are:
- Consolidating data centers and offices worldwide. Currently, 85 percent of DXC’s carbon footprint is allocated to electricity consumption in these buildings.
- Implementing new energy-efficiency measures
- Reducing business travel by encouraging flexible working and increased use of technology
- Contributing to global climate goals, such as those defined by the U.N.’s Paris Agreement
- Ensuring that our data centers are certified under the ISO 50001 energy management system standard
Our annual emissions reporting is aligned with the requirements of the international reporting standard; the Greenhouse Gas Protocol. Our approach for collecting and reporting data on greenhouse gas emissions is externally assured in accordance with ISO 14064-3:2006. This includes our FY19 baseline and our current FY20 data shown below.
Carbon Reduction Plan in the UK