“Clients appreciate DXC Technology’s efforts for engaging in joint innovation, ideation, project formulation sessions, and workshops that help clients identify appropriate cloud solutions, and, thus, drive innovation.”
Everest Group, 2021 PEAK Matrix® assessment
Accelerating the move to cloud
Everest Group noted that the COVID-19 crisis pushed most enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and migrate to the public cloud. The growth in cloud offerings, management complexities and talent shortage are driving organisations to seek third-party systems integrators including DXC.
“Today’s organisations are making significant shifts in operating models and organisational structures to fully embrace cloud computing,” says Jim Miller, chief technology officer and vice president for Cloud Services at DXC Technology. “Our deep experience in running mission-critical systems, combined with our capabilities across the Enterprise Technology Stack, are helping our customers accelerate IT modernisation, introduce new digital services, compete more effectively and improve customer experiences.”
‘Greater efficiency and agility’ on Azure
DXC’s Microsoft Gold partnership includes a broad range of competencies including the highest level of Azure certification, Azure Expert Managed Service Provider (MSP), in addition to competencies in Data and Analytics, Data Center and Enterprise Mobility. Key services cited include:
- Managed services for Azure design, delivery and 24x7 support and monitoring of compute, storage and virtual network infrastructure
- Citrix on Azure, mainframes to Azure, SAP on Azure and Windows-end-of-service to Azure
- A joint digital transformation practice to accelerate migration to Azure through greater efficiency and agility in the creation and execution of public cloud strategies
- DXC Analytics Modernisation and Migration Factory, which provides enterprises with artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities for development, delivery and support services for migrating analytics workloads to Azure
- Key digital delivery and migration offerings
Everest Group cited several key DXC capabilities that support Microsoft Azure, including DXC’s CloudOps public cloud delivery services, which provide full-time support, skilled cloud delivery resources, DevSecOps support and continuous optimisation to drive down costs.
To support the move to the cloud, DXC Cloud Migration and Transformation services helps customers control costs by optimising applications for efficient and cost-effective operations, improve agility and reduce risk through a repeatable method of migrating applications to the cloud, minimising downtime and avoiding common migration errors.
“DXC Technology’s cloud services vision is to extend its partner network and help drive collaboration and leverage technology independence,” according to Everest Group.
“The firm has over 250 global partner network relationships including AWS, AT&T, Dell Technologies, VMware, Google, Hitachi, HPE, HP, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and ServiceNow. DXC Technology, along with its partners, aims to offer a wide range of solutions to accelerate innovation and serve clients more efficiently and effectively worldwide.”