Established by the Victorian government in March 2016, LaunchVic is an independent agency responsible for growing Victoria’s startup ecosystem.
To better inform government policy and improve community services, LaunchVic implemented a cloud-based solution enabling data-driven decision making and increased stakeholder engagement.
“The turnaround time for the entire project was particularly fast, taking less than two months for the full implementation and integration of Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.”
Kate Cornick Chief Executive Officer, LaunchVic
DXC Technology was engaged by LaunchVic in early 2020 to support their operations and marketing teams. Their teams faced numerous challenges, including:
- High reliance on manual data entry, reporting and analysis
- A number of disparate third-party applications and data sources which were used to conduct CRM-type activities. This resulted in LaunchVic having no centralised information and onerous user experience
Through a series of discovery and design workshops, DXC Practice for Salesforce took the time to learn and understand LaunchVic’s current landscape and their specific requirements.
After ascertaining the need for a centralised CRM platform and a single source of truth, DXC and LaunchVic worked together to implement Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Multichannel Marketing Automation), which were both configured to LaunchVic’s unique needs.
DXC’s comprehensive documentation of the solution and hands-on training helped the LaunchVic team quickly grasp the systems and enabled them to fully utilise the tools with little disruption to their ongoing operations.
By working hand in hand with LaunchVic, DXC was able to tailor the solution throughout the project, ensuring the design aligned with their specific requirements.
“To ensure that we got what we needed to use the systems by ourselves once they moved off the project, the team was also incredibly helpful and flexible in their approach to training. I would not hesitate in recommending the team at DXC”
Kate Cornick Chief executive officer, LaunchVic
With a new Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud in place, LaunchVic has now:
- Increased their level of stakeholder engagement by giving all LaunchVic staff a shared view of each and every stakeholder
- Enhanced their communication effectiveness, through the ability to segment their database and send targeted, personalised communications with Marketing Cloud customer journeys
- Utilised Salesforce real-time analytics to analyse and make data-driven decisions. This, in turn, has been used to better inform government policy and improve community services
- Automated and streamlined processes to increase the team’s efficiency levels.
Finally, the various training methods used, including face-to-face, hands-on sessions with written guides and training videos, allowed the LaunchVic team to quickly upskill and effectively use their new systems independently.
According to Kate Cornick, chief executive officer of LaunchVic, “Right from day one, the DXC team was able to quickly establish a trusted working relationship with us that was maintained throughout the project. Their real-world pragmatism allowed us to get more value from the engagement than what was initially proposed, and their collaborative approach meant we were across everything and felt in control, at all stages of the project.
”Despite the complexity of the challenges addressed, the team was able to provide clarity and guidance, to help us focus on the right things at the right time. The turnaround time for the entire project was particularly fast, taking less than two months for the full implementation and integration of Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
”To ensure that we got what we needed to use the systems by ourselves once they moved off the project, the team was also incredibly helpful and flexible in their approach to training. I would not hesitate in recommending the team at DXC.”